Photo: Walking the land regenerative bushland management activity Permaculture Design Certificate group at Fair Harvest Permaculture Farm (Miles Tweedie Photography)
Zone ’00’ – designing inner human ecologies
Everything we do is a process of design. Just as we design in the outer landscape through interactions with ecological systems, so to can we design the inner human ecology through pattern language and pattern thinking. The inner ecology of our being directly informs how we engage and interact with the outer ecology of the earth system which feeds back imprinting our inner ecological landscape. Mindfulness is a pattern form that supports a healthy inner ecology which informs a healthy engagement and interaction with the outer ecology of the Earth system.
It is such a gift to find deep respect and appreciation for the processes that generate and sustain life on Earth. When we experience the harms of lost care, or the benefits of good care for ourselves, naturally a deepening care for the lives of others, all species, and the natural world becomes increasingly a central focus.
Environmental services – Regenerative bushland management and permaculture design, property selection and consultation.
Ian Hackett at Tig-Le House offers consultation, reporting, and design on environmental projects including regenerative bushland management, native plant ecologies and revegetation, property selection, and integrated permaculture design systems. Incorporating ecological sensibility with functional utility, creating realistic and adaptive systems built on ecological principles with consideration given to low impact, low input and minimal resource consumption designs in the creation and regeneration of ecologically healthy systems incorporating meaningful human activity for the benefit of the Earth biome and ecosphere.
Background: Ian Hackett
- Certificate in Agriculture – Cunderdin Agricultural College and Fremantle TAFE and the family farm Wannamal WA, along with working on wheat and sheep farms in the Western Australian wheatbelt.
- Diploma Conservation and Land Management specializing in Natural Area Regeneration, Restoration & Conservation, including working in environmental weed management programs on WA’s Northern Kimberly Nicholson and Ord River systems.
- Environmental training and employment schemes Northern Rivers Region NSW.
- Private and community bushland regeneration and Landcare projects in the Great Southern and Southwest regions of Western Australia since 1998.
- Permaculture Design Certificate and Woofing with Bill Mollison at Tagari, Tyalgum NSW. Property designs and implementation in Regional NSW and WA.
Permaculture Design Courses at Fair Harvest
Ian currently lectures in Ecological principles, Zone 5 Natural forests, Native plant ecologies, Regenerative bushland management, Walking the Land, Client interviews and Zone 00 Designing inner ecologies on the Permaculture Design Certificate courses at Fair Harvest Permaculture in Margaret River. Fair Harvest Permaculture
Contact Tig-Le House email@example.com to see how we can help assist you to create healthy ecological systems and designs for your properties and projects.